The Scariest ER Visit

The Scariest ER Visit

This past week has been a roller coaster of emotions, for not only me, but Wes as well. On Tuesday morning I couldn't help but feel..."off" so to speak. Then throughout the day I progressively got worse. I was having so much pain, I could barely get up and walk. At first I just thought I was getting or had a bad UTI since they're common in pregnancy. But around 2:00 in the afternoon I got up to pee, to find so much blood in the toilet. I immediately started crying and panicking. I was one day shy of being 11 weeks and knew that I wasn't out of the clear yet when it comes to miscarriages. I called Wes and told him he needed to come home. My friend Courtney ran over to watch the boys while we went to the hospital.

The whole car ride there was a blur. I just remember crying and thinking this was it. I was losing this baby. My heart was breaking before we even parked in the ER parking lot. I was in so much pain, I could hardly walk through the doors. They got me a wheelchair and before I knew it, rushed me over to labor and delivery.

I signed in and they brought me to a room. I peed in a cup and then I just waited...Sitting in a gown on a bed in so much pain. We must have waited for hours. The time was passing by so slowly. Finally, they came in and checked vitals and told me my urine sample came back UTI. Normally this would be good news, but if it wasn't a UTI, then why was I in so much pain and bleeding?

Again my mind went to miscarriage and I could see on the nurse's face that she was thinking the same thing. The doctor finally came back in and did an exam and ultrasound. It took him a while, but he finally found a heartbeat and I immediately sighed a breath of relief. Wes was so relieved, he just dropped his head and took my hand. Our baby was still ALIVE. Thank God.

They couldn't tell me why I was in pain or bleeding, even after six hours of sitting in the hospital. They did however, put me on bedrest until I got it figured out. I got an appointment that next day and was told I had a subchorionic hemorrhage. I had heard of them before, but didn't know much about them. Basically, there were blood pockets in my uterus near the placenta which was causing the bleeding. They put me on modified bed rest until it goes away completely.

It. Is. Hell. I know I need to take it easy for this baby, but sitting around in bed is making me crazy. I feel useless. Here's hoping this goes away and I'm up and running in no time! Prayers y'all!

Back to blog